Wren Investment Office is proud to be a partner of Finance For A Sustainable Future’s 2020 Conference. This conference aims to improve the sustainability skills of junior finance professionals in Europe. Sustainability and impact investing is important to our industry, clients and us, which is why we are pleased to support this year’s conference.
What Is The Finance For A Sustainable Future Conference in 2020?
Established in 2017, Finance For A Sustainable Future is an initiative that is targeted at junior team members in the finance profession, giving them the opportunity to develop their skills in the various investment areas, and environmental and social sustainability. With the latest tools and lecturers from industry experts, participants are able to think critically about the current approaches and exchange perspectives as the next generation of finance professionals.
When Is This Year’s Conference?
This year’s conference will take place on the 16th and 17th of January 2020. This year’s conference will be held in London; the first conference in 2018 was held in Prague.
Who Is The Conference For?
This year’s conference will be attended by 30 finance students and professionals from all over Europe. Attendees have already been selected for 2020, applications closed in November 2019. Young professionals interested in attending other Finance For A Sustainable Future events can follow the initiative on Facebook or LinkedIn or check back on their website to see when applications next open.
2020 Conference Agenda
Information about the conference agenda can be found on their website. Taking place over two days, a full schedule of talks with keynote speeches, talks with Q&As and workshops is planned. This will all culminate in a graduation ceremony for the invited attendees.
2020 boasts an impressive list of speakers from across the industry and Europe. Confirmed Speakers include:
- Will Martindale, Director of Policy and Research, UN PRI
- Richard Perkins, Associate Professor of Environmental Geography, London School of Economics
- Josue Tanaka, Managing Director, Operational Strategy and Planning, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change, EBRD
- Neil McIndoe, Head of Environmental Finance, Trucost (part of S&P Global)
- Rob Lake, Founder, Authentic Investor
- Lydia Hascott, Head of Intrapreneurship, Finance Innovation Lab
- Adrian Rimmer, Senior Advisor – Green Finance, London Stock Exchange
- Usman Ali, Investor, Mobius Capital
- Jim Totty, Managing Partner, Earth Capital UK
- Fotis Chatzimichalakis, Senior Associate, Impax Asset Management
- Snorre Gjerde, Analyst – Sustainability / Corporate Governance, NBIM (Norwegian sovereign wealth fund)
- Eoin Murray, Head of Investment, Hermes Investment Management
- Andrea Carzana, Fund Manager, ESG European Equity, Columbia Threadneedle
- Michael Hamblett, Analyst, Responsible Investment, Columbia Threadneedle
- Christina Rehnberg, Senior Associate, KKS Advisors
- Tom Whitehouse, CEO, Leif Capital
- Patrick Seifert, Head of Primary Markets, LBBW
- Jenna Nicholas, CEO, Impact Experience
For more information about the initiative, you can read the report from the 2018 Finance For A Sustainable Future is available online.